Thursday, December 11, 2008

Happy Earthday to Nonnie!

Trust me, I don't understand the logic either behind her fun (as you'll see in the pictures below), but I do know she meant to say, "Happy Birthday Nonnie!" But, again, that still leaves me puzzled as Nonnie's birthday was back in June,

But, here is the story for a few good laughs. I was cleaning the kitchen this evening, and Annabelle was busy playing by herself in the living room/dining room. If a two year old is happy and content, don't bother them, right?!?! Well, I start to hear chairs moving around. So, I decided to go and see what Annabelle was doing. Here is a picture of what I found, except the child was not sitting on the chairs when I first found her.


But, she had rearranged all of my dining room chairs (except for that last one which she requested my help on). Keep in mind, the dining room chairs are not normally arranged side by side to close off the dining room from the living room completely. Normally, they are pushed in underneath the dining room table, you know, where dining room chairs are supposed to go. And, I don't think I've ever lined the chairs up in this fashion.

So, after I helped Annabelle move the last dining room chair into place at the end of the row, closest to the camera in this picture, I said, "What are you doing Annabelle? Are you having a party?" Without any hesitation at all, she said, "Happy Earthday to Nonnie!" I couldn't help but laugh. Nonnie's birthday is not until June (and it is December)!


Shortly thereafter, as I was taking pictures of Annabelle moving back and forth across the chairs on her bottom, Annabelle's Daddy walked in. He didn't say much (besides the usual). I said, "By the way, I did not arrange these chairs like this." He said, "You didn't?" very surprised. He seemed to get a kick out of it as well especially after he finally understood that Annabelle was saying happy birthday to Nonnie.

If you cannot tell already, Annabelle loves her Nonnie!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a Hoot!!!!!!!!!She cracks me up. She is growing up way too fast. I love you Annabelle and thank you for my Dec birthday wish.