On Wednesday, January 16, 2008, the day before Annabelle's 15 month checkup, she woke up with her second cold ever! This is the second time she has ever been sick, period! And, the first time was actually on her 12 month birthday!!!
So, we go about life as usual. I had some last minute grocery shopping to do, so we ran to both Kroger and Publix around 10:30 a.m., and we got home around 12:30 p.m. By then, Annabelle was pretty fussy (and hungry). So, I tried to strap her into her high chair, and she screamed. And, she continued to scream even after I gave her some lunch. Since she wasn't feeling well from that nasty cold, I unbuckled her and decided to give her a whole banana.
But, first, I had to peel the banana (or at least get it started). She took a bite of the banana, and then she proceeded to take the banana away from me. She wanted to hold it herself! Well, okay, that's fine, whatever. But, the only problem with that was when it came time for her to take another bite, the banana peel was in the way, so I reached down and tried to help her peel the banana.
She was not happy with me at all! She jerked her arm with the banana in her hand away from me and screamed at me. She did not want my help. She wanted to peel that banana herself. And, honestly, she tried to peel it, and she did a pretty darn good job considering she has never peeled a banana all by herself before.
So, there you have it, Little Miss Independent is showing her wings again!
3 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment