Saturday, January 26, 2008

New Toother - Molar # 1

Hallelujah! Miss Annabelle finally has a molar, and her Mommy is wishing that the other three are going to make their grand entrance any day now so that these sleepless nights are over for awhile! And, please tell me that she is ONLY going to get four molars in her second year! That is all, right?

We (scratch that, I mean, Annabelle and her Mommy) have had many sleepless nights since Thursday, December 27th when Annabelle decided that she needed her Mommy within nursing distance all night long while we were at Vogel State Park for much needed rest and relaxation. Ha! Can you call that rest and relaxation?

I must tell you that Annabelle screamed bloody murder that night whenever her Daddy held her and tried to rock her to sleep. It broke my heart, and I rescued her both times. She instantly settled down. Before this episode, her Daddy had turned into quite the pro at getting Annabelle to sleep in 10 minutes or less while it took her Mommy anywhere from 10 minutes to an hour or more. After this lovely episode, she has NOT allowed her Daddy to rock her to sleep period. She will not allow the lights to go off with her in his arms without a screaming fit. And, sometimes, when she wakes in the middle of the night, I have to have him hold her for just a minute so I can at least go potty myself. She wants nothing to do with it though!

I am sure that 10-12 years from now, she is going to want nothing to do with her Mommy though! Does that seem unfair to anyone else? I get to deal with the sleepless child now and the raging hormonal daughter 10-12 years from now while Daddy gets his sleep now and he gets to see the sweet side of the raging hormonal daughter 10-12 years from now. I repeat, does that seem unfair to anyone else?

Okay, so all that being said, Annabelle spent the day with Grandmama and Granddaddy on Monday, January 21st while I went to the office to get a little work done. That evening, my mom said, "Mommy, I have another tooth" speaking for Annabelle. Sure enough! That little booger's bottom right molar is starting to protrude. If you are looking at Annabelle, it is the bottom left molar, but it is her bottom right molar. I had noticed not too long ago that her gum in that exact spot looked really white. I guess that was why.

And let me tell you, I cannot blame the poor child for screaming bloody murder! That tooth looks mighty painful to me too!

But, I am really hoping that each tooth is not going to protrude slowly, one at a time. I do not think I can stand a month of sleepless nights per tooth!

No comments: