Friday, January 4, 2008

The Many Meanings of Waving

Annabelle understands waving to mean the following things: Bye-bye, Night Night, Hello and I Love You. This evening, I started nursing Annabelle and her Daddy put the CD in the CD player and turned on the noise maker (our usual routine). After he finished with his part of the routine, he leaned down to tell Annabelle goodnight and give her a kiss. I told her, "Say we love you, Daddy." She didn't even turn her head as she was too busy nursing, but she lifted her little hand in the air towards him, and she waved to him as if to say "I love you" by waving. We both just laughed, and her Daddy said, "I'm a little busy, Dad!" (as if to imitate what she was saying). I am constantly amazed at how much she understands!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep, a girl has got to eat while she can.

SAHMmy Says said...

So sweet! I love this age--every day they understand a little more....Fantastic photo of your little one with the candy cane :) Thanks for the great nighttime advice by the way! I think she is teething right now so I gave her a dose of Tylenol right before bed last night. She only woke around one; after 15 minutes of crying I checked to make sure she was dry, hugged her a little, and put her back down...she cried for over an hour but finally fell asleep for four more hours! Wow that was hard...hopefully it will get easier over the next few weeks.