Wow! It's been so long that I almost forgot my password to login again! Sorry for the sabbatical from blogging, but the Christmas festivities got the best of ALL of my blog time. And, I was actually ahead of the game this year too. But, somehow, we were still rushing last minute on Christmas Eve to wrap last minute gifts and clean up before Santa arrived.
And as for the title of my blog entry, does anyone else call their baby's teeth "toothers?" We typically try to stay away from all of the baby talk (besides the typical change in voice for an infant and toddler), but somehow, the word "toothers" has entered our vocabulary for "teeth." And, I am sure that "toothers" is not in the Websters Dictionary!
So, tooth #7 began protruding on Thursday, December 13th. Grandmama actually noticed it. Tooth #7 was Annabelle's bottom far left tooth from the original first bottom two (if that makes any sense). If you are looking at Annabelle, this would be the far right tooth from the original first bottom two (from her Mommy's eye of view). It didn't take long for this little tooth to make its grand appearance either as it shot up in plain view in no time.
Then, I noticed today that tooth #8 is started to protrude as well! This would explain the horrible night we had on Friday, December 28 while we were on "vacation" at Vogel State Park. Annabelle woke up shortly after we had gone down for the evening (around 1:00 a.m.), so she woke up around 2:00 a.m., and she would have nothing to do with me laying her back down in her Pack-n-Play. I even tried to get her Daddy to rock her to sleep, but she literally screamed bloody murder as soon as I handed her off to her Daddy. I couldn't take the screaming, as it was breaking my heart to hear her scream like that, so I rescued her, and I finally brought her into the bed with us to let her sleep between the two of us. She was fine as long as she was right up next to me.
And, you think that nursing her would have helped alleviate the pain long enough to lay her back down in the Pack-n-Play, but it didn't. She still screamed, and she really didn't want anything to do with nursing either. She just wanted her Mommy to hold her. And, apparently, she didn't always want that either!
I swore up and down (to my husband) that she had spotted a ghost in the cabin! Last time we stayed in that same cabin back in 2005 (and also another one we stayed at last year at Vogel State Park), my husband decided to scare me by talking about ghosts in the cabin.
I am afraid that she's becoming a "Mommy's girl" again. Today was a long day for me, so I asked my husband to rock her to sleep after I had nursed her, but once again, she screamed bloody murder as soon as I handed her off to him. I had to rescue her again as she was once again breaking my heart with that awful cry!
Maybe it is a good thing that she's becoming a "Mommy's girl" again as my husband is thinking he is going to be traveling a lot between now and March. It sounds like Annabelle and I will be spending many weeks alone between now and then. Bummer!
2 years ago
2 comments:
Sounds like it was a bad weekend to go away, what with all the rain, and then Annabelle and her tooth.
And on that trip she even enjoyed a tour of Babyland General without Grandmomma? How could you? You know how much I love dolls! I hope you got some good pictures. You didn't forget your camera, did you?
Post a Comment