On Tuesday, January 22, 2008, Annabelle stubbed her toe on her Sesame Street Elmo/Cookie Monster vacuum cleaner while playing in her bedroom. She sat down on the floor, cried and held her big toe. Poor baby!
I looked at her, and I said, "Are you alright, sweetheart? Do you want Mommy to kiss it and make it better?" She looked at me, and then she immediately lifted her bare, stubbed, left, big toe off of the ground and moved it up towards my lips (while sitting) for me to "kiss it and make it better." Priceless! She looked absolutely adorable! And, my husband was there to see it too!
And, either the night before or that same night, Annabelle had hurt her little finger, and my husband asked her "Do you want me to kiss it and make it better?" And, sure enough, she held out her little finger for him to kiss it and make it better.
I asked Grandmama the next day if she had been teaching her that we "kiss" things to make them better. Of course, Grandmama said "yes." Big surprise! My daughter is constantly learning from her Grandmama. I think maybe Grandmama needs to raise her instead.
I mentioned to my husband that Grandmama had taught Annabelle that we "kiss" things to make them better, and he did make me feel better by saying, "You've been doing that with her for awhile now." I thought about it, and I guess I have. I guess Grandmama just leaves more of a lasting impression, huh?
2 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment