Friday, February 27, 2009

Criss Cross Applesauce

ie: Indian Style

When I got Annabelle up this morning, she was sitting in her crib, and she mumbled something with her paci in her mouth as she held and pulled her legs close to her. I didn't understand her, so, as usual, I asked her to take her paci out of her mouth.

She then said, "Dis how Daddy sits when dry my hair."

It is amazing (and very scary) how young children watch and imitate everything we do as adults. She was right! And, she had learned to sit Indian Style.

Apparently, "Criss Cross Applesauce" is the politically correct way to say, "Indian Style." I still refer to it as "Indian Style" with Annabelle because, well, I'm not into all of that "PC" (politically correct) stuff. If I were, then I'd probably be working full-time right now, balancing a career and a family. That's just not me! But, I did think "Criss Cross Applesauce" made for a cuter blog title.

So, anyhow, hubby does sit Indian Style on the floor so that Annabelle can sit in his lap while I dry her hair after her bath.

This afternoon, while we were going through the normal "read two books" routine before naptime, Annabelle decided that she wanted to sit Indian Style again, just like her Daddy who was already sitting Indian Style on the floor. Her Daddy helped her a little while she was sitting on the floor, but then she climbed up onto the stool where she also wanted to sit Indian Style. I requested that hubby grab the camera, and we got a few shots of her sitting Indian Style for one of the first few times (since I didn't grab the camera this morning).

Is this not a sweet picture with her tiny little legs somewhat crossed?

1 comment:

Kami said...

She is so beautiful! I love that long hair. :) It really is amazing what they pick up from us!