
I hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine's Day! This, honestly, is not my favorite holiday, but I still celebrate for the photo shoot purposes. Being the cheap one that I am, I'm just not too fond of made up holidays to keep Hallmark in business. Of course, I did have great intentions of getting out my own Valentine's Day cards to all of our dearest loved ones, but as usual, that didn't happen! Big surprise, right?
But, all holidays, regardless of the importance, require a photo shoot of my daughter dressed in cute clothes and hair bows.
The cute shirt and tights are compliments of Nonnie (one of Annabelle's Christmas gifts). And, the hair bow, well, I've had it awhile, and I'm just not quite sure that it is really Annabelle to me. Honestly, it really is sort of silly looking, but she seems to like it.
This photo shoot did not last long at all. The two year old wouldn't cooperate. There are no pictures of Annabelle with her Daddy or Mommy this year because (1) Daddy did not take a shower today and he was dressed in sweats all day and (2) Mommy did not put on makeup today because my tummy was feeling a little under the weather again.
So, posted here are the two best shots of my little Valentine 2009!
In the first picture, we were trying to get her to smile for the camera. Goofy smiles are all we get when we ask for a smile these days! And, she was too busy trying to eat her animal crackers.
In this next picture, I think she has spotted that Shadow, our black cat, has escaped from inside of the house. She then said, "Sha-dow! Sha-dow! Get back inside Sha-dow!" as she ran to the front door and ushered Shadow back inside, closing the door on Shadow after Shadow was chased inside the house. It is scary how you hear yourself talk when you have a two year old around! If only I had a video camera handy! It doesn't sound quite as funny in writing as it did to hear her actually discipline Shadow.

We called Grandmama, Granddaddy, Nonnie and Granny to wish them all a Happy Valentine's Day. Annabelle actually said, "Happy Val in tine's Day!" to each and every one of them, and she told them all, "I wuv you." All evening, she kept telling me and hubby both, "Happy Val in tine's Day Mommy (Daddy)!" It was precious and heart warming!
For Valentine's Day this year, hubby gave Annabelle a card and a mylar balloon shaped like a flower. He also gave me a card. I was awful, as usual, and neither of them got anything! I need to get better at celebrating these holidays! I hope they both know that I don't love either one of them any less.
1 comment:
Such great Valentine Pictures! When they smile for you, they are not always natural, but when you catch them like when she was hollering at shadow, they come out more natural. In that first picture you can see the little red line in her face she made when she fell off the chair at Cracker Barrel Friday. Just another bump, of many she will make as she grows over the years.
Post a Comment