Friday, February 13, 2009

Kisses for Nana Janet and Papa Bill

Nana Janet and Papa Bill came into our lives back in 2003 when hubby and I took our second cruise on a Royal Caribbean cruise ship. They were actually on our team for a scavenger hunt game, and we all won the gold medal! We have kept in touch with them, and we've been friends with them ever since. They are actually from Boston, so it is completely awesome that we've all stayed in touch. I will definitely give hubby and Nana Janet the credit for that one as they've been great about e-mailing back and forth since 2003.

Nana Janet and Papa Bill actually both have children our age, but we have always LOVED hanging out with them as if they themselves are our age. They are both hilarious! And, they are both very caring and loving people. I think their hearts are made of gold! It is completely awesome to have people like them come into your lives to stay. We love you Nana Janet and Papa Bill!

Right now, neither of them have grand kids of their own. So, they have taken Annabelle on as their very own grandchild. They visited us back in September, and Annabelle immediately took to them both! Personally, I think children are a lot like dogs, they can really sense the good from the bad. Now we know for sure that Nana Janet and Papa Bill are keepers!

Well, as most grandparents these days do, they spoil Annabelle absolutely rotten! And, she loves it! This afternoon while Annabelle was in her room for naptime (more like playtime), a man knocked on the door. Hubby answered the door, and I peaked around the corner to see what exactly he was signing off on. And what did I see? Beautiful red flowers, three red balloons and a red teddy bear attached to the vase. I knew that it couldn't have been for me because I threaten hubby to not buy me flowers on Valentine's Day because I'm just that cheap!

Before we even looked at the card, I guessed that it must be from Nana Janet and Papa Bill. Sure enough, I was right!

Hubby placed the flowers, balloons and teddy bear back on the front porch as I was getting Annabelle up from her nap. Then, I snuck outside and took some pictures of the vase, flowers, balloons and teddy bear by the front door. When I was finished, hubby opened the door for Annabelle to see her surprise.

She was so excited! We told her that everything was from Nana Janet and Papa Bill. She said, "Nana Jana and Papa Bull?" We then had her sit down and pose by her Valentine's Day present. We asked her to blow a kiss to Nana Janet and Papa Bill, and I managed to catch the following shot! Precious!


Thank you Nana Janet and Papa Bill! You spoil all of us way too much! We hope you enjoy this kiss that Annabelle is blowing your way, from Atlanta to Boston!

We love and miss "y'all!"

No comments: