It was only a matter of time. She is only 3 years and 2.5 months! So I expected this from her over a year ago.
This morning, while still in bed, I heard the crack of her bedroom door. I thought, "Shadow!" as I accused the cat of pushing the door open. Annabelle was already awake, but I was ignoring her because she sounded content, and I was trying to catch a few extra z's after a rough night.
I only had 2.5 hours of sleep after attempting to go to bed at 12:30 a.m. only to hear her cry for me as I closed things down for the evening. I didn't leave her room until closer to 1:00 a.m., and I was awakened again at 3:30 a.m. Then, I didn't leave her room again until 6:00 a.m. God (and Annabelle) are apparently trying to prepare me for a newborn.
But, at 9:00 a.m., I was greeted to pitter patter of little feet and a beautiful smiling face at my bedside.
"Annabelle!" I exclaimed with shock.
"I didn't fall out," she said.
I couldn't scold her. She is, of course, three years old, and in all honesty, she should be in a big girl bed by now. How could I scold her when she was smiling so sweetly?
Of course, just last night, I had a conversation with an old college friend about how Annabelle had not yet climbed out of her crib. I should have known!
And, just yesterday, she climbed into her crib all by herself for the first time while I was in a different room. She decided to use it as a trampoline.
It is obviously time for that big girl bed! Mommy and Daddy just need to get on the ball and get that girl's big girl room ready.
2 years ago
1 comment:
I love the "I didn't fall out" statement. It's so cute how even 3 year olds can be reassuring. Has she used her mattress as a trampoline before? Boy, wait till she quickly discovers how fun it will be to jump on her new big girl bed! :)
Post a Comment