I hope Annabelle doesn't know something that hubby and I don't know yet.
This evening while Grandmama was preparing dinner, Annabelle jumped into the conversation that Grandmama and I were having, and she said, "Mommy, Daddy having baby."
It took me completely by surprise, and I think it surprised Grandmama a bit too. Oddly enough, neither of us remember our conversation discussing anything about babies.
I laughed, and I then asked Annabelle to repeat herself to make sure I had heard her correctly. I finally had to translate for Grandmama as I laughed and said, "Oh no we're not!"
Grandmama said, "I thought that's what she was saying."
Let's hope she doesn't know something we don't know! With the current state of the economy and our current housing situation (3 bedroom, with one bedroom used as an office, and 1 bath), we cannot chance another baby in this household for awhile.
I've actually been telling her lately that if she keeps it up, she is going to be an only child. I've then asked her, "you don't want a baby sister or baby brother, do you?"
Her response was and has been for quite a while now, "I want a girl like Ma-wee and a ba-were like Adam. I want both!"
Translation: I want a girl like Molly and a boy like Adam. I want both!
Molly and Adam are both her cousins. I sure hope she doesn't get both a sister and a brother at the same time! Woe be unto us!
2 years ago
2 comments:
Instincts are usually best between children and animals...hmmm. Just as long as it's another girl despite what her father thinks or thinks he wants.
Christopher says the same thing. I'm just not sure I can handle another kiddo. He was "cured" of wanting a sibling when mama was holding a friend's baby while babysitting this past week. The look on his face was priceless - no mama, give baby back - NO BABY (insert stomping and screaming and wildness here).
Plus my c-section messed up something and I need to get it corrected surgically before I have another or I'll keep miscarrying.
Post a Comment