The girl has good taste, but yet, very expensive taste.
This evening, as we were leaving Moe's after eating dinner, Annabelle pointed at a car passing by us. She then said, "I like dat car!"
"Dat car" she was referring to was a champagne convertible BMW Z3.
Just this week on Monday when we went to Sam's Club, she saw a silver Mercedes parked next to us, and she made the very same comment.
Oddly enough, hubby gave Annabelle the keys to the 4 Runner as we were walking out of Moe's so that she could unlock the doors to the car when we got outside. She ran off, and hubby made the comment that it wouldn't be long before she'd be driving, and that holding that set of keys already "fit" her.
Oh boy! I'm afraid we are going to have our hands full!
Dear Annabelle,
I hope that no one, and I mean no one, including your Daddy, ever buys you your very first car, or any car for that matter. You need to learn to work hard in life for the things you want (and need). Although you won't believe me in 14 years, it will make you a stronger person.
On the other hand, I dread the day that you decide to ride with another teenager whose Mommy and Daddy did buy them a car. I just pray that you'll always follow your heart and make wise decisions to not ride with those crazy friends or boyfriends of yours who drive too fast or are just plain horrible drivers. I, myself, did not make wise decisions as a teenager when it came to getting in a car because I was just ready to hit the town and have a good time with my friends. I am lucky I am still alive today!
On second thought, maybe if it means that you won't ride with your friends who cannot drive, I may consider buying you a car when you are 16. That isn't a promise though, sweetheart, so don't think you can hold me to it!
Love,
Mommy
2 years ago
2 comments:
WHAT? And I was feeling such warmth that we had done the right thing by making you spend your own money whenever you wanted something. Then you go and tell her you "may" buy her a car of her own. Where did all that training go?
And, I may have to stop reading your blogs...I'm not sure I really need to know too many details of your past life! I might be inclined to share them with your daughter in a few years. That might not be good?
We're still alive after riding to school with Marisa and her dad bought her VW Jetta for her. Now if they had a mustang or something with power that's another story. He's calling our new car (Acura TSX 09) "Race Car".
C loves the same type of cars - especially Maserati's. There's several around this area that go to our grocery store. One young (gorgeous) man let C "drive" it one day. He likes firetrucks better though.
Post a Comment